Registration Information

Admissions in School

Children who have reached their fourth birthday on or before September 1 of the current academic year are eligible to participate in the lottery drawing for pre-kindergarten slots, while those that will reach their fifth birthday on or before September 1 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.

When enrolling a child into the Newton County School System, the following items are necessary:

  • Certified copy of the student's Birth Certificate
  • Student's Social Security Card
  • Form 3231: GA Certificate of Immunization
    New Immunization Requirements
  • Form 3300: GA Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Examination (this is only required for students entering a GA public school for the first time.)
  • Parent or Guardian Photo ID
  • Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if the birth parent is not registering the student)
  • Proof of Newton County Residency MUST be a lease, deed, signed closing statement or non-contingent sales contract AND at least one utility bill (gas, electric, water).
  • Withdrawal forms (or final report card) from previous school
  • Certified copy of the student's Discipline Report (for students entering 7th-12th grade)
  • If the student never got into trouble, a letter from the school stating that the child has no discipline record is required in lieu of a Discipline Report.
  • Proof of passing the reading and math portions of the 2006 GMAS (for students enrolling for 4th, 6th and 9th grades).

If the student has a disability that requires special education services, please bring a copy of the IEP.


  • The person registering the student MUST be the parent named on the birth certificate unless official guardianship papers are presented.
  • In the case of divorced parents, only the parent who has "primary physical custody" as designated in the final divorce decree will be permitted to register the student. ****MUST present final divorce paperwork at registration.
  • The name(s) on the proofs of residency MUST be the parent named on the birth certificate or designated as the official guardian on the official paperwork. If the proof of residency is in the name of a step-parent, a marriage certificate MUST be presented that proves the step-parent and official parent/guardian are married.
  • Absolutely NO "notarized letters" will be accepted in lieu of official guardianship papers.
  • If a student is transferring from a GA public school and enrolling for grades 4, 6 or 9 and proof of passing the reading and math portions of the GMAS is not provided, the student will be placed in the previous grade UNTIL acceptable proof of passing is provided.
  • If a certified copy of the student's Discipline Report (or acceptable previous school letter) is not provided upon registration of a student who is 15 years old or younger, the student will be enrolled at Sharp Alternative School UNTIL the parent presents an acceptable official Discipline Report or letter. IF a student is 16 years or older and doesn't provide an acceptable Discipline Report upon enrollment, the student will not be permitted to enroll in the Newton County School System.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.